Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
CENTERS, established in August 1998, is the first company in the United States organized solely for the purpose of providing management services for university recreation, fitness, and wellness facilities. Our management team has more than 100 years of professional experience in planning and implementing recreation facilities and programs, with a focus on market responsiveness, mission sensitivity, cost effectiveness, and a commitment to excellence on behalf of our clients.
Swim instruction for preschool, school age and adult students in group and private lessons.
- Have familiarity with American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim levels and other Red Cross water safety courses and know how to use course materials effectively.
- Adapt teaching approaches to the age, experience and ability of participants so they can meet course objectives as set by Cleveland State University Campus Recreation Services.
- Maintain order and discipline in classes to ensure a safe environment and promote a learning atmosphere.
- Demonstrate skills required for class content and use teaching aids such as kickboards, diving rings, lifejackets, etc.
- Communicate regularly with participants to ensure they are aware of their progress.
- Attend all mandatory full staff meetings and specific area meetings.
- Check email and intranet on a regular basis.
- Serve as a role model and maintain a professional attitude to all parents, children and co-workers on and off duty.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification preferred but not required
- American Red Cross CPR
- Lifeguard Training and First Aid (preferred) Swimming Background
- Experience teaching swim lessons in a group setting
- Proficient in teaching skills to students at various skill levels.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Moderate to loud noise